Bamerang is a fast paced boomerang fighting game for 2 to 4 players. Master the curved trajectory of the boomerangs to hit your opponents behind obstacles and throw them off the platform. Fight your friends in intense 1v1 duels, strategic team-battles or frantic free-for-all brawls. All on over 20 different map variations. Enjoy the vibrant pixel art, while vibing to a joyfully bouncy soundtrack.
Tim Bürge and Aaron Abt met in 2016 during their Game Design studies at the Zurich University of the Arts. Their very first module led to the creation of the prototype for Bamerang on which they would continue to work on and off for the next three years of their studies.
Bamerang won the SGDA Junior Game Award in 2017 and was showcased at various international events (Gamescom, A MAZE, FMX, Ludicious, EyeMyth and more). Tim and Aaron formed their collective “Lululu Entertainment'' (inspired by the “lululu” sounds the first few testers made whileplaying Bamerang) and continued the development of the prototype with the help of a grant from the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia in 2018.
After their graduation in 2019, they were eager to finish the development of Bamerang and set the goal to release their debut game on Nintendo Switch and Steam. They had the chance to be part of the mentorship program at the Swiss Game Hub and could benefit from invaluable coaching from experienced Swiss game professionals including Philomena Schwab, co-founder of Stray Fawn Studio.
Composer and sound designer Lucien Guy Montandon joined the project in late 2019. After a few months of fruitful collaboration the game not only received a wonderful soundtrack, but also a fitting SFX overhaul.
More than 4.5 years after Tim and Aaron created their first prototype, everything was in place and Bamerang launched April 22nd on Nintendo Switch and Steam! With it's newest addition, Leander Schneeberger, Lululu Entertainment is already working on a new, unannounced game.
- 2 - 4 players
- Team mode or free for all mayhem
- Over 20 map variations
- Exciting dynamic scoring system
- Vibrant pixel art, animated frame by frame
- Joyful, bouncy soundtrack
Release Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of a Pro Helvetia game Grant" Zürich, November 2018
- "Winner of the SGDA Junior Game Award 2016" Zürich, November 2016
- Join the Bämeräng server: discord.gg.
- ZHdK Game Design
- The prototype of Bämeräng was created during our studies at ZHdK. gamedesign.zhdk.ch.
About Lululu Entertainment
- Lululu Entertainment is a small Zürich based game studio, consisting of Tim Bürge, Leander Schneeberger and Aaron Abt. Together, they finished their Game Design BA studies at the Zürich University of the Arts in 2019. After their studies, they started to work in game related fields and pursued their own personal game projects. During their studies, they created prototypes for the games "Bamerang" and "Henry", which have beend exhibited and showcased at various events. Tim and Aaron are currently finishing the development for "Bamerang" while Leander is starting the development of a vertical slice for "Henry", which Tim and Aaron will join soon.
- More information
- More information on Lululu Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Tim Bürge
- Visual Concept, Art, Animation, Game Design — Lululu Entertainment
- Aaron Abt
- Programming, Sound Design, Game Design — Lululu Entertainment
- Lucien Guy Montandon
- Music, SFX — Freelancer